Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways, acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Healing Rains

Therefore be patient, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, waiting patiently for it until it receives the early and latter rain. You also be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand. James 5:7-8 NKJV

It rained today...I work outdoors, so the rain gave me a lot of time to think & ponder. As I listened to the thunder rumble, saw the lightning streak across the sky, watched the winds blow and the rain come down, I thought about how the rain cleanses and refreshes the earth. The dirt and grime that builds up are washed away by the gentle or sometimes rushing waters as was today's case.

In that time, I was reminded of how GOD's mercies are fresh daily and the fact that we need to be cleansed from the grime of the world and the effects of sin. I saw the storms as healing rains. The passage in Joel came to my mind (Joel 2:21 & following) where it points out that GOD sends rain to nourish the earth--its animals & vegetation that we rely on for food. The scripture also promises restoration. Storms come into our lives--sometimes they shake us to our very core--these are the times our faith is tested.

Lately, I've been feeling overwhelmed by the trials I'm facing. I feel certain GOD sent the rain to remind me that He is in control and has my best interests at heart. All I need is to put self aside and totally trust Him. Additionally, I receive a random "verse of the day" in my e-mail daily. Today's was Isaiah 43:2, "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you." Coincidence, you think? Not me, I believe GOD orchestrated it all just as a personal reminder for me!

Blessings!
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment