Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways, acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV

Thursday, November 22, 2018

Thanksgiving Ponderings...

I will give thanks to you, LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds. Psalm 9:1 NIV We live in a society defined by division & negativity. In general, we seem to focus on what's wrong far more so than on what is right with our world. Everyone is offended by something or someone and seems to look for opportunities to take offense. I know we all fall into that at times. It's part of the ups & downs of life. However, we need to look at the positives & work at minimizing the negatives. In spite of what may appear, GOD is still on His Throne. America, with all her problems, is still a blessed & prosperous land. Families, although sometimes fractured & distant, are still connected by blood and love. How about we praise GOD for His blessings? How about we pray for our country & our leaders? How about we love one another in spite of failures, disappointments and hurts? We have so much to be thankful for but we want to focus on what we lack rather than on what we have. While my family sometimes frustrates me--I love them all. While my job is sometimes difficult & challenging, I'm grateful to follow my calling, do what I love & earn a salary for doing so. While I know much is amiss in society & the country as a whole, I am grateful to live in these United States where I can pursue my dreams and live comfortably, while having the rights & freedoms to make personal choices about my faith, my work, my health, etc. While I know I have failed much, I'm grateful for the love & forgiveness of family members I have hurt along the way in my journey. I'm grateful for a multitude of friends, who love me in spite of my many shortcomings. Most of all, I am thankful that GOD knows me personally--my thoughts, my weaknesses, my heart--and that He loves me & forgives me time & time again when I stumble on the pathway of life He has laid out for me. He draws me back when I wander the wrong way. He restores me daily. He surrounds me with people who lead, guide and love me along the way. You see--its about perspective. One finds what one looks for. If we look for negative, it is easy to find & fixate on. However, if we look for good and positive things, they also are easy to find & fixate on. The battle does truly begin in our minds. What we allow there takes root and shapes our thoughts & attitudes. "...whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Philippians 4:8 NIV "Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful." Colossians 3:15 NIV "The fear of the LORD leads to life; then one rests content, untouched by trouble." Proverbs 19:23 NIV God gives us what we need and shows us in His Word how to refocus & redirect ourselves--if we will seek out His Knowledge & Wisdom and not allow the negative pull of the world to distract us. It's a choice that each one of us makes daily. Determine today to focus on the positive, to love others unconditionally, and to be thankful in all things--knowing that GOD will take care of you... Blessings! Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment