Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways, acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

"Thanksgrieving" part 2...

"The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; Blessed be the name of the Lord." Job 1:21b NKJV Here it is another Thanksgiving & CHRISTmas will be here soon. I'd like to say things are better this year than last, but it doesn't appear that way at all. Honestly, year 2 of widowhood has been harder than year 1--yet through it all, GOD has been good. My mind drifts back to seasons past when all seemed right with the world--at least from my limited perspective anyway. We take much for granted in this life. I assumed that Dee & I would have many happy years together. I never imagined that her life, and along with it the life we shared together, would end so soon. But, it did... Grief & sorrow are naturally part of our earthly life. As long as we live, we are subject to the ups & downs of life itself. Solomon spoke of such things in Ecclestiastes when he wrote, "To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven: A time to be born, And a time to die; A time to plant, And a time to pluck what is planted; A time to kill, And a time to heal; A time to break down, And a time to build up; A time to weep, And a time to laugh; A time to mourn, And a time to dance; A time to cast away stones, And a time to gather stones; A time to embrace, And a time to refrain from embracing; A time to gain, And a time to lose; A time to keep, And a time to throw away; A time to tear, And a time to sew; A time to keep silence, And a time to speak; A time to love, And a time to hate; A time of war, And a time of peace." (Ecclestiastes 3:1-8 NKJV) So, while I suspect it'll be some time (& maybe never) before I'm ready to dance--at least maybe I'm at the point I am ready to begin the healng process. GOD has begun to open doors of opportunity for me & finally, I feel I'm at a place where my experience & training may be put to Kingdom use. It is a good feeling to think all I have endured in life can help others in some way, or at least give me the insight I need to offer wise counsel on life issues. I don't know what the future holds, but I know who holds the future. I think maybe it's time to work towards moving forward and working on living, laughing & healing. I'd appreciate your prayers for my journey. Blessings! Tony

2 comments:

  1. My heart just aches for you. Thinking of you and praying for you often.
    PS. Didn't know of you knew or not but Tim Tebow said that same phrase about not knowing what the future holds but knowing Who holds the future in an interview. He's one of my favorites. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the title 'Thanksgteiving'. In a life of uncertainty, I'm blessed beyond measure, so it makes perfect sense for the two co-exist. My first Thanksgiving without the love of my life. There is a lily in the valley and an ever present help in time of need. The Lord of comfort visits me often and raises me beyond my circumstances. My plan was the same as yours, but I know who directs my steps.

    Praying for peace for you Brother during this holiday season.

    ReplyDelete