Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways, acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV

Sunday, July 22, 2012

My Purpose/His Plan?

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14 NKJV It's been a while since I've felt compelled to write anything at all. I'm in a place of limbo, or so it seems. Ideas present themselves that seem good, but none have panned out so far so I guess either I'm misreading things or GOD doesn't see me as ready yet. I've been trying, sometimes successfully & sometimes not, to move forward with my life. I never anticipated I'd be in this place--at least not at this point in my life. I've started dating again & well, it's complicated. While I enjoy having companionship, sharing dinner, seeing a movie, etc., I feel far from ready for anything near an exclusive, committed, serious relationship. I still have a lot of work to do on myself, with GOD's help of course. I don't know yet what GOD has in store for me. I wait. I pray. I wait some more. Still, nothing seems to materialize. It's a struggle because more than anything, I want to live a life that reflects the love of GOD. I desire to contribute, to make a difference--yet, no doors seem to open for me. Is my future here, where I currently live or does GOD have other plans for me elsewhere? Does some ministry exist that I am to fill or have I attained all that I will in this life? Will I live out the remainder of my life alone or will GOD bring someone into my life at some point to share this journey? These questions and a multitude of others plague my mind. Satan taunts me--telling me I don't matter, that I'm not worthy, that GOD can't use me because of my past. I know these are lies but when GOD seems silent, my humanity begins to question both my purpose and His plan. I look to The Word & see "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope" (Jeremiah 29:11 NKJV). I know in my heart GOD cannot lie & that satan is the father of lies, yet I feel somewhat purposeless as I wait. GOD help me to see through Your eyes, to hear with Your ears. Grant me the wisdom & discernment to know Your perfect Will and to follow where You lead in complete submission and obedience. Truly let my words and thoughts be acceptable in your sight and allow me to be a reflection of You in all I say & do while I'm waiting. This is where I find myself for now. I'd appreciate the prayers of GOD's people. Blessings! Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment