Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways, acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Our "Unchangeable" GOD...

For I am the Lord, I do not change; Micah 3:6a NKJV

Life is full of changes. No one knows that better than I do. Granted, many of the changes in my life--whether good or bad--have been the result of my own actions/decisions/choices. Some have been forced on me by the actions & choices of others. Others still were simply part of the life process involving the living & dying, working & toiling, teaching & learning of those I share this life with. Regardless as to how they came about, GOD has seen fit to use them to make me who I am.

Assuming my life on this earth continues (for none of us are guaranteed tomorrow) and Jesus doesn't return right away, I'm certain to see more changes come my way and to witness changes in the lives of my family & friends as well. Some will be pleasant and good, some will be painful & difficult. That is simply how life is. We can't stop the world from turning day by day or hit the pause button to keep things just as they are when we are comfortable & happy. If only we could, I'd surely rewind to happier times and pause there and I'm certain many others would as well...

Fortunately, we serve a GOD who does not change. He is Who He is, Who He was, and Who He always will be as referenced in the initial Scripture. His mercies and grace are new and fresh each day. That is the reason He allows us to continue on our often wayward paths in life, those times we are disobedient and defiant. Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not. (Lamentations 3:22) He is ever faithful to us--even though we are often unfaithful ourselves--because of his great love for us. Who redeems your life from destruction, Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies, Who satisfies your mouth with good things, So that your youth is renewed like the eagle's. (Psalm 103:4-5)

As for me, I am thankful for GOD's "unchangeability"--for were I Him, I'd have grown tired of me a long time ago and probably have taken me out of this old world. I know He has to become exasperated with me at times, yet His love is constant and unchanging. When I fail (or fall) He gently and lovingly picks my up and puts me on the right road again. He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, Out of the miry clay, And set my feet upon a rock, And established my steps. (Psalm 40:2) A fella just can't ask for much more than that...

Blessings!
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment