Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways, acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV

Saturday, January 14, 2012

A Glimpse into Heaven's Throne Room

And it shall come to pass afterward That I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your old men shall dream dreams, Your young men shall see visions. And also on My menservants and on My maidservants I will pour out My Spirit in those days. Joel 2:28-29 NKJV

OK, some people will think I'm nuts--but then, a lot of people already do. However, no one can deny what another person experiences & I recently had a deeply spiritual experience...

This past Thursday night, after a particularly unusual day--I got myself ready for bed and as I lay in bed saying my evening prayers, something extraordinary happened. I was going through my list of requests with GOD, naming off those I wished to come to salvation and those who needed healing and/or comfort in their lives. Suddenly, it was as if the roof of my house was lifted away & I was looking into the night sky. The clouds parted and in the distance I could see a massive throne. On that throne a figure was seated but I was unable to make out any features or determine any colors in the room because it was completely awash in brilliant, white light. As I squinted to look, I could see the source of the light was to my left--the righthand side of the throne. It was like the sun, only pure, white and it emmitted no heat. There were other figures moving about as if flying--I assumed to be angels. Their movement was slow & graceful and everything was calm and peaceful there.

Then just as suddenly as it began, the clouds closed up and in the diminishing light, I realized I was not alone. Standing beside me, to my left, was a female figure--a brunette with hair & facial features similar to Princess Diana. Was that to tell me an angel is watching over me? Was it telling me there is a woman out there GOD intends to be part of my life at some point in the future? I really don't know. All I know is what I saw and I believe that in response to my prayers that GOD would make Himself real to me, He opened up the Heavens just long enough to give me a brief glimpse and see Him on the throne--with Jesus, the light of the world, standing at His right hand.

The Bible says dreams & visions are real. I can't say I'd ever given much thought to them until now, but if it happened with the prophets of old and with those in Jesus' time, it can and does still happen today. God, nor His Word, are subject to change...

Blessings,
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment