Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways, acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV

Sunday, August 28, 2011

GOD's Amazing Grace

And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 NKJV

I began this blog one year ago today--on my 49th birthday. Today, I'm 50 & I've been doing a lot of reflecting on my life. There's something about the realization that you are half a century old that makes you look at your life & evaluate the accomplishments and failures you've experienced through the years.

Much has happened in the past year. I welcomed my first grandchild into the world last November. I said goodbye to & buried my wife this past May. These things cause one to ponder his own mortality. Life is filled with both joys and sorrows. GOD is present through it all.

GOD's grace & mercy have sustained me through the years. On my own, I am nothing--yet with GOD in my life and at my side, I can accomplish anything. I've given a lot of thought to GOD's grace & have decided that, like a beautiful diamond, grace is multi-faceted. There are different types of grace made available to GOD's children, depending on what circumstances they are facing. He is always merciful & always faithful--even when we are not faithful to Him. He is an ever-present help in times of need.

Hebrews 4:16 instructs us to "come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need." Granted--when we are hurting, reeling from the pain and heartache of losing something or someone precious to us--it's difficult to feel "bold" at all. We feel vulnerable, yet GOD still extends His amazing grace. We're not promised that because we accept Christ as Savior, that our lives will be easy. However, we are promised that God will walk with us and carry us if need be through the difficult & painful times in our lives (Isaiah 43:2-3 & 46:4).

Once we experience salvation & make Christ the Lord of our life, the Holy Spirit takes up residence in our heart. Our body truly becomes the temple of GOD. GOD is triune--Father, Son & Holy Spirit. That being said, if the Holy Spirit lives within us, then GOD walks alongside us throughout life. GOD feels our pain, He witnesses our failures, He knows the temptations we face, yet His grace knows no limits. For the Lord God is a sun and shield; The Lord will give grace and glory; No good thing will He withhold From those who walk uprightly (Psalm 84:11).

Honestly, I still have questions, I still don't understand why my wife had to die. Still, I trust that GOD has a plan for it all and that He will use this in some way to bring honor & glory to Himself. I pray daily that He will use me in some way to point people to Him & that I will always be found in the center of His Will.

Where are you? What are you facing? Are you high on the mountaintop or deep in the valley of despair? Wherever you are & whatever your need, His grace truly is sufficient. Trust Him...

Blessings!
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment