Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways, acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Does Healing Come?

But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed. Isaiah 53:5 NKJV


On occasion, I am asked why some people receive healing and others do not...that's a tough question. We all go through periods of pain and suffering in life--it is part of the human experience. GOD's Word tells us that if we pray in faith, GOD hears our prayers. It also says He desires to prosper us and give us an abundant life. Why then must people endure sickness and pain?

I believe we all go through times of testing & trial. It is during these times that we learn to lean more heavily on GOD and depend less on self. GOD uses these "valley experiences" as teaching moments. After all, we are to cast our cares on Him and trust Him to handle the daily events of our lives. Additionally, I believe healing always comes. It may not come in the manner we want it to and it may not happen in the timeframe we desire. Sometimes, the healing is there & we--for whatever reason--will not receive it. Sometimes, GOD instantly and completely heals. Sometimes, He uses Doctors & modern medicine to bring about healing. Sometimes, death is the ultimate healing and a saint is ushered into the presence of GOD for Eternity--forever free of pain & earthly cares.

I recently witnessed a true healing. My wife, Dee, was hospitalized with heart issues after going into full cardiac arrest. It was a frightening time. She was treated by Doctors, nurses, EMTs, ICU Staff--all of whom gave their best possible care. I was told the situation looked bleak & I should call the family in. Ultimately, she was in GOD's Hands. I wandered the halls of the hospital praying, reciting scriptures, etc. (I'm certain others thought I was an escapee from the psych ward!) Many, many friends & family joined with me in prayer for healing and restoration. While I was prepared for the possibility of her passing--in my heart, I knew it wasn't time. I knew GOD still had work for us here on earth. GOD heard our prayers & gave my wife back to me.

Granted, she still has a ways to go in the healing process. There will be Dr's appointments for followup from her surgery (defib implant) and she'll have to take it easy for a while. But, she's still here. Man (dr's & nurses) thought she'd never make it but GOD proved Himself and restored her. The ICU Staff called her a miracle and well, she is!

Then your light shall break forth like the morning, Your healing shall spring forth speedily, And your righteousness shall go before you; The glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard. Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer; You shall cry, and He will say, 'Here I am.' Isaiah 58:8-9a NKJV

Never take for granted the blessings GOD gives us. I know my perspective has changed immensely. I witnessed a miracle!

Blessings!
Tony

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful story of a miracle! The story was shared with the SCV Camp last night, and their prayers also are with you both. Please give Dee a hug for me~~
    Shirli

    ReplyDelete