Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways, acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV

Sunday, September 19, 2010

A Heavenly Perspective...

Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matthew 6:19-21 NKJV

Recent events in my life have caused me to stop & ponder exactly where my priorities stand. My wife & I both had a birthday recently, she had a stay in the hospital, and we're expecting our first grandbaby in a couple of months. Obviously, we're getting older...

Our earthly lives should reflect our heavenly perspective. Does it? I often find it easy to get caught up in the stress of family, finances, work, etc. Even church involvements can sometimes feel burdensome, although they shouldn't. Don't get me wrong--we have an obligation to our families, we must be financially responsible, work is a necessity of life, and we should be play a part in our local church. But, how do we balance it all? How do we tend to GOD's business without becoming overwhelmed by the busyness of life itself?

Matthew chapter 6 tells us we are to rely on GOD, to trust Him to meet our needs, and to not become a slave to riches (or the pursuit thereof). It further states that we are to be a charitable people, putting the needs of others before our own. The final verses (33-34) read, "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble". So, I suppose that means I should seek GOD's Will first and foremost, and He'll take care of the rest...

My prayer today is that GOD will use my life to reflect His goodness and cause others to see Christ in me. My main priority should be to develop a heavenly perpective and not sweat the small stuff, to simply trust Him.

Yeah, I'm getting older but I'm not dead yet!

Blessings!
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment