Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways, acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV

Thursday, March 19, 2020

Sweet Peace....

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be fearful." John:14:27 ASV With everything that is happening in our world today, peace seems elusive. However, the peace that Jesus offers isn't dependent on our situation or the circumstances that surround us. We have to look at things through spiritual eyes, rather than natural eyes & see what God sees rather than what appears in the natural world. We live in a fallen society & under the curse of humanity. But, this life is temporary and our eternal home is Heaven. We are merely passing through this world en route to our final destination. While we are here, we need to be about the Father's work & do what we can to point others to Him. Change has to start within the church body--we've become complacent, somewhat fat & lazy, content with what we have & are. But, God has so much more! "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14 ASV It is God's people, Christians, those within the church that have to take the first steps and forgo our pride. We must be humbly submissive to Him. We must repent of our sins before we can encourage others to repent of theirs. We must seek the face of God before we can show Him to others. We must ask for forgiveness and then lead others to do the same. Essentially, we can't give what we don't possess. If we've taken it upon ourselves to do things in our own power, then we've left God out of the equation altogether. We can accomplish the natural, we need God to accomplish the supernatural. He'll allow us to be part of it, but we have to have Him to complete it. Lie won't always be easy. We'll encounter troubles. Isaiah 43 tells me that God walks with me through the trials of life. Romans 8 tells me that He brings good out of all things. Psalms 23 tells me that He walks with me through the valley of the shadow of death. Psalms 91 tells me that He covers me with His wings & protects me from pestilence & disease. James 1 tells me to consider it all joy when I encounter trials because it is in times of trial that my faith grows & I draw closer to God as a result of them. Philippians 4 tells me to be content with what I have & in any situation. So, how can I know all these things, read His Word, pray for divine revelation and then not take seriously what He shows me? I have to see things from His perspective & walk in faith, denying what I see in the natural. Remember, we walk by faith, not by sight and when we walk in the Spirit, we won't fulfill the desires of the flesh. Our carnal man will always be at odds with our spiritual man. We choose which one we'll be. No fence-straddling allowed, we have to choose a side. As for me, I want the sweet peace He offers so I'm going with God. I pray you will too. Blessings! Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment