Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways, acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Lord, help me understand...

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing." 2 Timothy 4:7-8 NKJV Lord, give me wisdom and give me understanding. So much has happened and so little of it makes sense to me. Not so long ago, America was a nation of people who trusted in You. She was a nation founded on Christian principles and because of that she was strong & blessed. Our military was second to none & the nations of the world stood in fear and in awe of our might because You were our strength and as long as we kept our focus on You, we were shown Your favor. So, how did we get to where we are now? Have we, as Christians, grown so pathetic and so complacent that we no longer stand for anything? We have allowed the voices of a few who claimed they were offended by "religion" to dictate the laws of our land. What must we do to get back to what we once had? How can we turn the tide of political correctness and reclaim what we have lost? I am sickened by those elected officials who claim to represent us when their only interests are in pacifying liberal leftists who cry foul at anything that doesn't agree with or endorse their views. I know You must be disappointed at what this country has become also. Christianity is on the brink of becoming outlawed because it speaks against immorality, homosexuality & other sexual perversions, idolatry, drunkenness, laziness, and many other ills that our society now embraces as normal. I know Your Word tells us "if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land" (2 Chronicles 7:14), but how do we get back there from where we now are? I am but one man, Lord. What can I do? On my own, I cannot & will not be heard. How can I rally lazy, complacent Christians to once again engage in the battle? We need a revival! Lord, let that revival begin in me and let it spread to my community, my state, my country & the world as a whole! Lord, make Your Presence known--fill Your people once again with a fresh anointing of Your Holy Spirit. Let us suit up with the full armor of GOD and fight the evil one that is overtaking this world. Give us boldness to speak Your Name & to proclaim You to everyone & everywhere we go. Let us not be the generation that sits back while one by one our freedoms are stripped away. So many have fought & died to preserve these rights--we cannot sit idly by. How will we respond to the generations to come? Will we tell them we gave up or will we tell them they are free because we stood in the gap & fought to preserve freedom for those who came after us? Give us courage so that we can say we fought the fight and finished the race and we can claim the crown of righteousness that awaits us when we reach Glory! Rally the troops, Lord, we have a battle to win! Who out there is with me? Who will help me fight for the Lord, for our freedoms and against tyranny?

1 comment:

  1. Tony,
    We as Christians who stand up for God and his morality outlined in scripture , are labeled as hateful and intolerant.If we pray we are never a minority of one. God is the same God that existed when we were a stronger Christian nation..We must and need to pray for revival.
    Your thoughts are right on,
    John D

    ReplyDelete