Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways, acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Surrender--a poem by yours truly

I wrote this some time back, earlier this year anyway, and posted it on FaceBook. Regardless, I wanted to include it here as well...


Surrender


In the stillness of Your presence,

I humbly bow before You--

I give You honor, give You praise,

Know that I adore You--

I place my life in Your hands,

I know nothing else to do--

I pray for wisdom, ask for grace,

And mercy to see me through--



For my sin sent Jesus to the cross,

He went there in my place--

As He looked out across the ages of time,

I'm certain He saw my face--

Yet willingly He gave His life,

As a selfless act of love--

To show wretched sinners--such as me,

The way to GOD above--



Now take my life and use it--Lord,

Only for your glory--

Give me courage and opportunity,

To share the Gospel story--

Help me know when to act,

And when I should be still--

My heart's desire, my loving Savior,

Is to humbly do Your Will--

No comments:

Post a Comment